Translate

Monday 18 November 2013

Story competition

I am standing there, in front of the two buildings. I am ready and don’t know which building to take. My boss calls “are you in front of both of the buildings,”
I reply “yes,”
“now take the one to your right,”
“ok, coming up,” 
I walk down to the desk and talk to one of the ladies. She tells me to go onto the sixty-eighth floor. Since I saw all the elevators filled I chose to go up the stairs. I also took the elevator a third of the way through. Half way up the stairs almost at the fifty-sixth floor.

I hear a loud grumble. I feel a shake. I hear screaming around me. I quickly jump to the fifty-sixth floor and open the door. I look out side the window and see a man falling down. I am very confused and then the tv magically changes. I see that a plane has collided into the building i am in. People are panicking and ripping past my shoulder. I stand there confused thinking what to do. I see another couple of people falling down. I hear sirens all around me. I follow the people down the stairs and I hear people scream, “FIRE FIRE!” Others fear the building might fall down. I was really confused and then BANG! I see parts of the stairs above toppling over me.

 Seeing that it is too dangerous to be in this area I dart down the stairs, but once I reach the fifty third floor the building starts to fall down, down, down. I am buried amongst rubble trying to get out. I stop. I give up and am now lying in the rubble. A few minutes later I hear a BANG! And lots of rumbling and grumbling. I hear screaming, crying and sirens but on a low volume. I am panicking, I fear for my life. I think of my family, back in New Zealand, the thought of my children growing up without a father. I want to live for them. Water is now spouting out of my eyes. I’m coughing and suffocating. I cry for help but I’m out of breath. This may be my last moment alive.I accept the fact that i may die. I start to black out. 

I slowly wake up. I see bright lights, flashing in my eyes.I hear voices and the sound of grubble being shifted, “ Over here!” says someone. A Group of people pick me up and i am sent to the hospital. They find out I am ok but they say I will have to stay for a few days. As soon as i am discharged from hospital i take the first flight home. When I arrive back at my country my family are standing there with tears in their eyes. 
I thank God for sending those men to rescue me.

By Jeremy Henshaw

No comments:

Post a Comment