Translate

Monday 10 March 2014

Homophones

Today my topic is homophones.

Your and you're are homophones. Why are they homophones?
A homophone is two or more words that can be pronounced the same as another word but spelt differently.

So when should we use your and you're?
Well you're means you are so you would use this like you're amazing at soccer. You mainly use you're when you are talking about a person.
Your is when you are mainly talking about an object like your clock is broken. To help you can replace your into my just to check.

Three example sentences about my life using you're.

You're going to school today don't be late.
Wow Aunty you're beautiful.
You're going to his house in the weekend, can I come too?

Two example sentences using your and you're.

Your drink bottle is leaking, You're going to pick it up aren't you?
I wish I had a house like yours because it is amazing.




No comments:

Post a Comment