Translate

Friday 6 June 2014

Science behind a glow stick

What I think now: I predict that when you snap the glow stick the plastic makes a small explosion of bubbles and the chemical inside get attracted and then it starts to glow.

What I think now after hearing other ideas: Inside the glow stick I think there is something solid like glass with a chemical inside and when the glass snaps the chemical attracts and mixes so it will make it glow.

What I think now after seeing what happens: After I saw what happens behind the scenes of a glow stick, I found out there really is a glass tube behind it with chemicals and when you break the glass you mix it round thats why you have to shake the tube and then it starts to glow up.

What I think now after researching: So inside the plastic tube (not the inside tube)  is Phenyl Oxalate Ester and also Fluorescent Dye Solution outside the glass vein (which is the small glass tube inside the plastic tube) And inside the glass vein...

Synthesis is when you find something new and you experiment and research to improve your knowledge.

No comments:

Post a Comment