Translate

Thursday 19 June 2014

Subordinating conjunctions

Blog:
Make a sentence for 10  of these subordinating conjunctions.
Highlight or underline the subordinating conjunction in your sentence.
5 of your sentences the subordinating conjunction should be at the start and in the other 5 it should be in the middle. Remember your comma between clauses.

Subordinating conjunctions at the start: 

Now that
Now that the rain is gone, we can all play outside.

As
As the sun goes down, we start to drift asleep.

Only if
Only if there was a way, to get across this highway.

When
When I had my 10th birthday, I got a guinea pig.

Even if
Even if even if I get 4A in a test this time, I won't meet the National Standard because of my last results.

Subordinating conjunctions in the middle:

Because
I like maths because, I am so good at it.

As soon as
We will go to the library as soon as, I finish eating.

Since
We will now play a game since, there is lots of people sick.

While
We will wait here while, you go in the shop.

After
We will go to get sushi after, we go to the bank.




No comments:

Post a Comment